Re: 2004 Dak and Mitsu

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Wed Dec 17 2003 - 14:38:16 EST

Kyle Vanditmars said:

> Well, the RC is probably their slowest selling truck. Being that they
> want to make money, they can probably convince most people that want a
> Dak RC to go to a club cab (because they're really more practical, more
> interior space, with same bed length,) and take the savings of not
> having to produce a 3rd cab style. They probably wouldn't have to
> produce two different length chassis, either. It's all money saved.

It still doesn't track if they're sharing with Mitsu. The RC trucks are
usually cheaper and lighter weight, so there's a certain "economy" market
for them. I can see DC wanting to get out of the entry-level market, but
not Mitsu.

Unless the RC version will only be offered as a Mitsu, to reduce the
market overlap with the Dak? That I can see. Dodge has club and quad
cabs, and Mitsu has regular and club cabs only. If you want cheap, buy
Mitsu and if you want a more upscale model, buy Dodge. Just a guess.

Last I heard they had cancelled that awful M-80 thing, hadn't they?
There's another possible answer, if they're planning on bringing a smaller
compact in underneath the Dak in the lineup.