Re: New Durango SUCKS!

From: mike kulczycki (dakota1994@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 16:15:02 EST

there is no jeep going on an M-class. i work for a supplier that builds the
rear ladder assembly for the new grand cherokee. it is it's own platform.
along with a 3rd row seat model due out in '06. a little boxier. even the
new liberty will have it's own platform. we are bidding on that job right
now...

Mike K
94 SLT,CC,239,2wd,auto
95 Sport,RC,360,5-speed
91 Shadow 2.5l turbo, auto
http://www.hornok.com/zig

>From: Jeff Durling <jdurling@bellsouth.net>
>To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
>Subject: Re: DML: New Durango SUCKS!
>Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 15:49:33 -0500
>

>Tom I couldn't agree with you more. If the Dak goes in that direction
>there is no way. With the Jeep Cherokee going on the same platform as the
>new Mercedes M Class I think the chrysler SUV lineup isn't going to be
>that great. I love the current RAM and I wouldn't mind having one of them
>but that's about it. Oh we'll I still have the Gen II and that isn't going
>anywhere.
>
>Jeff Durling
>
>On Dec 18, 2003, at 2:27 PM, Terrible Tom wrote:
>

>>Well I just dropped off the Ram at the Stealer to have the door lock
>>switch replaced (while I still have a factory warranty) and they just got
>>in a new Durango. 4.7 auto 4x4... ARUGH what did they DO to it! I've
>>seen all the pictures and reviews (most recently in Petersons 4 Wheel)
>>but its worse in person. Sales guy came out the moment I got within a 25
>>foot radius of the thing and asked if he could help me. I told him I
>>just wanted to look at it - and I dont quite like it. That it looks more
>>like a mini van than a SUV. he said "blah blah blah blah something about
>>adjusting to new model designs blah blah blah"
>>
>>I told him I just was looking - I don't even want to test drive any of
>>them. The front approach angle.... wait.. it *HAS* NO APPROACH ANGLE!
>>The ground clearence is horrible. Much lower than the old model.
>>
>>Get ready! your new $35,000 (sticker price on window) soccer mom
>>grocery-getter has arrived at a Stealership near you.
>>
>>Proposed Ammendment To DML: Anyone buying one of these shall be banned
>>from The List. It's not a Dodge anymore!
>>
>>(end rant)
>>
>>--
>>------
>>Terrible Tom -- AIM & Yahoo Name: SilverEightynine
>>
>>***** Countdown to 2004 DML BBQ (217) Days Left! *****
>>
>>'89 Silver Dakota RC, V6, 4x2 -- '89 Silver Dakota RC, V6, 4x4
>>'01 Graphite Ram Offroad Sport, RC, 360 V8, Auto, Short Box! 4x4
>>
>>http://home.earthlink.net/~silvereightynine/
>>http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/

Enjoy the holiday season with great tips from MSN.