Brake Pads

From: Woodruff, Jason P (jason.p.woodruff@boeing.com)
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 18:42:32 EST

So now I have my power slot rotors. What can I do about the rears. I have the bigger drums (10"?) and they seem to have too modes; free spin and locked up. I've going to open it up this weekend and make sure every thing is clean.

I was thinking about doing some brake biasing by buying good grippy pads for the front and a slightly less grippy compound for the rears. Anything wrong with that plan?

Also, my last truck didn't have the little clips that hold the drum in place (some mechanic probably forgot to put the back on). Any reason they really need to be there, I don't really do any driving with out the rear wheels attached ;-)

Jay W
505/287 Dakota