Re: interesting pick

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Sat Dec 20 2003 - 02:31:33 EST

Aaron Wyse wrote:

> Don't throw the trump card yet.. They usually compare thier available
> engine to our base motor.. same thing the rest always do.
>
> Aaron Wyse

Nope... I checked. The maximum trailer weight any 1500 Ram is designed
to tow is 9200lbs. This is a 1500 ST 4x2 RC Shortbox w/ Hemi & 3.92's +
tow package, basically the lightest you can get with the most power
available. It makes sense that Nisan would go with their highest rating
as well, so a stripper Titan would beat the Ram. I'm really not sure
how 4 lb-ft of torque nets you an extra 300lbs. of weight, but I suppose
it also has to do with the brakes and suspension, so... yeah. The titan
also likely has some variable valve timing wizardry and other
technological stuff the Hemi doesn't. It can likely optimize the
low-end much better than the engine's size would suggest.