Re: interesting pick

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Sat Dec 20 2003 - 06:50:48 EST

At 02:31 AM 12/20/2003, Kyle wrote:

>Nope... I checked. The maximum trailer weight any 1500 Ram is designed to
>tow is 9200lbs. This is a 1500 ST 4x2 RC Shortbox w/ Hemi & 3.92's + tow
>package, basically the lightest you can get with the most power
>available. It makes sense that Nisan would go with their highest rating
>as well, so a stripper Titan would beat the Ram. I'm really not sure how
>4 lb-ft of torque nets you an extra 300lbs. of weight, but I suppose it
>also has to do with the brakes and suspension, so... yeah. The titan also
>likely has some variable valve timing wizardry and other technological
>stuff the Hemi doesn't. It can likely optimize the low-end much better
>than the engine's size would suggest.

IMHO, that's all irrelevant. I, for one, would never feel safe putting
anywhere near that much weight behind anything built by Nissan. Every
Nissan I've ever driven (even the trucks) felt like it was made out of tin
foil and plastic and weighed about twelve and a half pounds. I don't care
what the tow rating says, or the crash tests, or anything else. It's just
my perception, but I can't get over the feeling that someone dug the
vehicle out of a Cracker Jack box. Speaking for myself, I'd take a Toyota
or even a Honda over Nissan.