Re: New Durango SUCKS!

From: Gmblows@aol.com
Date: Sat Dec 20 2003 - 10:15:37 EST

> Check prices on the Ram 1500. I'm not sure if it's the same story in the
> US, but I checked the Canadian web site and discovered that I can
configure
> a Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 with a Hemi for cheaper than the base Durango
> (with no Hemi).

Yes, I agree.

> The new Durango is larger than the old model, I think it's
> starting to get close to the Ram in size (except the bed on the Ram will
> make it a bit longer). Personally, for the price, I'd much rather have a
> full-size real truck than some beefed-up minivan looking thing.

Me too!

> As long as
> you aren't severely limited on parking space, it might be worth looking in
> to.

No problem there.

> Unless, of course, your wife is one of these weird people who think SUVs
> are perfectly fine, but would never be caught dead in a "truck". I work
> with a lot of these wackos... "uh, duh, don't you people realize that most
> SUVs are just trucks with hatchbacks?" Given that you've got a Dak, I'm
> guessing this isn't the case, unless she's trying to get you to get rid of
> it or something.

Honestly, she thinks the Durango's are "trucks", but a BMW X5, MB ML 350,
or a VW Toureg are small enough (but out of our price range).
I showed her the Subaru Forester XT (0-60 in 5.3) but she thinks its ugly.
We are still a year or so away from replacing her Passat, who knows
maybe they will come out with the Hemi Pacifica by that time.