Trans-Go Kit Installed!

From: Travis Bailey (dusterrt@msn.com)
Date: Mon Dec 22 2003 - 02:18:29 EST

Took my friend and I about 7.5 hours to do, neither of us having any
automatic transmission experience. I am very happy with the results! I
went with the HD/Off-Road/Snow Plow setup. Shifting can be a little hard
sometimes but the transmission no longer feels "lost" when doing normal
driving and the lockup/overdrive operation has turned from sluggish and
imprecise to crisp, firm, and when it should. My only complaints were the
directions...the printed directions differed from the video sometimes. The
printed ones are dated 2002, video 2001, so I went with the print when there
was an inconsistancy. I also figured I would have to pull the front
driveshaft and drop the y-pipe but we were able to work around them.

Other updates: I have about 300 miles on my switch to Mobil-1 5W-30. Looks
like all is well except the rear main seems to be leaking just a tad,
nothing bad (yet). Also seeing a bit of oil down the intake, might be doing
the intake gaskets in the near future too. At 3/4-WOT I'm getting some
pinging, a friend (former dealer tech) tells me that is a sign of the intake
gaskets on their way out but could be related to a vaccum leak I suspect
caused by the melted CAD lines I haven't gotten around to fixing yet. Thats
all for now...

Travis
'92 Dakota 5.2 4x4

Have fun customizing MSN Messenger — learn how here!
http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_customize