RE: 5.2 Distributor

From: Steve Mills (srm804@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 22 2003 - 02:34:23 EST

I'm guessing you have a magnum motor?You make no mention of year of your
truck.A worn diistributor will give you a skip or produce a pick-up code.I
had an 88 that ran rich producing a stumble,black smoke and fouled plugs.It
turned out to be a dirty connector to the coolant temp sensor that gave
feedback to the PCM causing an open loop condition when the engine was
warm.A bad O2 sensor will also cause this condition.Cycle the ignition and
pull any codes.The 2 pin sensor on a magnum engine is located by the
alternator. Hope this helps. Steve

It’s our best dial-up Internet access offer: 6 months @$9.95/month. Get it
now! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup