Re: 5.2 Distributor

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Mon Dec 22 2003 - 03:12:25 EST

JAMEPC@aol.com wrote:
> Trying to figure out my rich condition, and from what I gathered from a
> recent post, I took my distributor out to check for any unusual abnormalities and
> found that the nylon bushing that's held in place with a pin is cracked. Also,
> because the distributor has over 200,000 miles on it, it's very likely the
> drive gear is worn.

Isn't the distributor drive on the magnum engines just a tab that goes
into the oil pump drive? At least that was the impression I had. I had
to replace the distributor recently in my 3.9 (long story, let's just
say it would destroy a rotor in 3 weeks,) and you just line the tab up
the right way and drop 'er in.