Re: Tail Pipe cut

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Mon Dec 22 2003 - 10:00:59 EST

"Michael Maskalans" <dml@tepidcola.com> wrote in message

> if you idle, you'll notice the fumes. a turndown would probably help
> with the noise, not much other than getting it out from under the body
> can help with the fumes.
> --
> Michael Maskalans '98 Dakota SLT CC 4x4 318

I dunno about that... I had dumps (turndowns) on my stang, and it seemed to
have bounced the noise off of the pavement and actually made the car louder
at times, compared to when I just left the opening of the mufflers bare.
I'd recommend using a turndown, but try and point it towards the side of the
truck, that seemed to help me the most. You'll only notice the fumes if
you're idling in one spot for a long period of time, but you might be lucky
as the muffler terminates under the bed instead of under the cab. You might
expericnce some heat wear on the floor of the bed though. I had a spot on
the floor where you could almost cook your lunch if i sat and idled long
enough.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L