RE: so I got my truck emissions "tested" last night

From: Jerod J. Husvar (jerodh@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 23 2003 - 12:53:21 EST

They're switching to that system of testing here in Ohio in January, too.
Although they're still going to do a "visual inspection to detect
tampering..." Gee, how much does fake cat cost? :)

Jerod

---
Jerod J. Husvar - eBay: DreamWvrOH - I can list for you! - I leave feedback,
do you?
2001 Dakota Sport+ CC V6 4x2
2001 Malibu V6

----Original Message Follows---- From: "Josh Battles" <jbattles@bankfinancial.com> Reply-To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net Subject: DML: so I got my truck emissions "tested" last night Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 11:24:12 -0600

I know some of you all have to go through rigorous state inspections so that you can continue to drive your vehicle on the road, but here in the Chicago area, we have to go for emissions testing every 3 years. Every other time I've had to do this, they put a sniffer in the tailpipe and put the car on dyno rollers to simulate normal driving conditions. Well, now my vehicle is OBDII compliant... All the did was leak test my fuel cap and check for DTC's. It took 5 minutes tops. I could have hacked the cat off of my truck and they'd still pass me as long as I didn't have any trouble codes. Amazing.

-- - Josh Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L www.geocities.com/lenny187/dakota.html

_________________________________________________________________ Worried about inbox overload? Get MSN Extra Storage now! http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es