so I got my truck emissions "tested" last night

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Tue Dec 23 2003 - 12:24:12 EST

I know some of you all have to go through rigorous state inspections so that
you can continue to drive your vehicle on the road, but here in the Chicago
area, we have to go for emissions testing every 3 years. Every other time
I've had to do this, they put a sniffer in the tailpipe and put the car on
dyno rollers to simulate normal driving conditions. Well, now my vehicle is
OBDII compliant... All the did was leak test my fuel cap and check for
DTC's. It took 5 minutes tops. I could have hacked the cat off of my truck
and they'd still pass me as long as I didn't have any trouble codes.
Amazing.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L