Re: Beat by Ford Power Stroke BAD

From: Jim Miller WB5OXQ (wb5oxq@grandecom.net)
Date: Sun Dec 28 2003 - 18:09:44 EST

I ran against one of those, a late model at that, and beat him from a stop
but could not pull on him any from 50 up to 80. Of course I have not
defeated that darn torque management system that cuts back on the throttle
to save the tranny if the hemi gets too wild for it. Off the line though I
can beat him 8 -10 truck lengths and he would never be able to catch up. I
do not plan to modify my torque management system because I am not keeping
my 2003 Ram anyway. It is really bad in first gear!
2003 Ram 1500 swb rc Hemi 3.92 limited slip
Jim in Waco.