RE: 1992 Ring and Pinion Gears

From: greg conner (dodgeboy93@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Dec 28 2003 - 21:22:51 EST

I have a set of oem 3.55 gears out of my 96 dak. They will swap right into
your 8.25 rear. make me an offer.

I'm not sure what axel dodge uses up front since I've never had to work on
one but I'm pretty sure its not a 8.25 derivitive

Greg Conner
1996 RC
3.9 hybrid

>From: "Quintin" <sauerquint@gci.net>
>To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
>Subject: DML: 1992 Ring and Pinion Gears
>Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 14:23:30 -0900
>
>I want to switch to 3.55 gears in my 4x4. I see them come up every once and
>a while on Ebay. New ones are in the $200 dollar range and there are some
>on
>Ebay for fifty or so. Are the gears the same for the front end as the rear
>end? I have the 8.25 axle. What would I need to check to be sure?

Get reliable dial-up Internet access now with our limited-time introductory
offer. http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup