Re: Jack Stands

From: andylevy@yahoo.com
Date: Wed Dec 31 2003 - 11:39:34 EST

In article <bst222$nud$1@bent.twistedbits.net>, pgrace@fierymoon.com (Peter
Grace) writes:

> My question is, where is the "Right Place" to place the jack/jack
> stands? I've been jacking on the frame near the passenger doorwell
> close to where the frame begins to bend up to the engine compartment (oh
> yeah, bad idea that is).... Where should I place the jack stands
> though? Something makes me think people have suggested on the axle
> itself but I don't think that's the right place to put them?

I typically put the jackstands about 2" aft of that bend on the front
framerailsand put the jack just behind that point (roughly where the cab mount
is) for lifting. In the back, if I don't need the suspension fully relaxed,
I'll jack the truck under the pumpkin and put the stands under the axle right
by the spring mounts. If I do need the suspension at full droop, I'll put the
stands on the rails just in front of the front spring hangers and jack from in
front of that.