Re: Re: Jack Stands

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Dec 31 2003 - 12:21:33 EST

<andylevy@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> In article <bsuo6v$cj0$1@bent.twistedbits.net>, jbattles@bankfinancial.com
> ("Josh Battles") writes:
>
> > I've found however that I can get away with drive on ramps for most of
the
> > work I need to do under my dak, IE: oil changes, trans services, diff
fluid
> > service, etc...
>
> Ramps? No ramps here for fluid changes :)

you're just jealous b/c i can take corners faster than you can.

> > > Only thing left to do is go to auto zone and get some dielectric
grease
> > > and antiseize compound. And, possibly a thermostat gasket (per the
faq)
> > > since I dont know if the muscletrucks kit contains one...
> >
> > What are you going to use dielectric grease and anti-seize for? You're
just
> > doing a tune-up.
>
> Anti-seize for the spark plug threads.

why would you put anti-seize on spark plug threads? I've never done that
and have never had issues getting them out. if you let it sit overnight and
change them before you start it the first time, you're golden. i've had no
problems using this system ever.