RE: Thoughts about AAMCO

From: Jerod J. Husvar (jerodh@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 31 2003 - 12:24:56 EST

No first-hand experiance, but a boss I used to have when I was in sales had
a transmission rebuilt by AAMCO in his Taurus. We put about 30k a year onto
our cars on the road and his was still good 45k miles after it was rebuilt.
He swears by AAMCO.

Jerod

---
Jerod J. Husvar - eBay: DreamWvrOH - I can list for you! - I leave feedback,
do you?
2001 Dakota CC Sport + V6 4x2
2001 Malibu V6

----Original Message Follows---- From: "Hop *" <hopsdak@hotmail.com> Reply-To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net Subject: DML: Thoughts about AAMCO Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 11:07:34 -0600

Happy New Year All!!

Well, It looks as if my tranny is on it's last leggs. I've got 135k on it (auto) and 2nd gear hunts and slips at times. My question is if you had to go to a tranny shop would aamco be one of your choices. They offer a lifetime warranty for an additional $600, a 3/36,000 for $300 or a standard 12/12,000 comes with it. Has anyone dealt with AAMCO and or their warranty claims? The guy i talked to was pretty straight forward and told me they would check it for free and a standard overhaul would be around $1095. Any thoughts? --Hop (not wanting to take the baby to the stealer) http://home.swbell.net/hopsdak/dak.html

_________________________________________________________________ Working moms: Find helpful tips here on managing kids, home, work — and yourself. http://special.msn.com/msnbc/workingmom.armx

_________________________________________________________________ Check your PC for viruses with the FREE McAfee online computer scan. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963