Re: Re: Jack Stands

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Dec 31 2003 - 13:30:00 EST

"Peter Grace" <pgrace@fierymoon.com> wrote in message

> | I've found however that I can get away with drive on ramps for most of
the
> | work I need to do under my dak, IE: oil changes, trans services, diff
> fluid
> | service, etc...
> |

> I was thinking about investing in some ramps, but I'm not too concerned
> about the extra work required for jack stands -- I think I'll feel a lot
> more comfortable getting under the dak if I'm on heavy duty stands..

I've got some really nice ramps, they're polyethelene and have a honeycomb
under them, they're very sturdy, but if stands make you feel safer, then go
for it.

> | What are you going to use dielectric grease and anti-seize for?
> You're just
> | doing a tune-up. And looking at his post I'd assume that Chad is
telling
> | you that the muscletrucks kit does contain a thermostat gasket...
> |

> The people on the list previously said that dielectric grease and
> antiseize compound were two "Good Ideas" when you're changing spark
> plugs. It "Sounds Good To Me!"

I dunno, i just see it as extra unnecessary steps. Most plug boots seal
well enough to prevent moisture from getting in there anyway, and if
anti-sieze makes you feel more comfortable, go with it. I usually change
mine at about 9 - 10k miles anyway, my MSD box and coil eat up ignition
parts pretty quickly.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L