Re: Quick Pad install Question

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Dec 31 2003 - 13:40:18 EST

"Jayson Woodruff" <woodrufj@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:bsv3vg$vde$1@bent.twistedbits.net...

> Finally got around to swapping the pads and rotors (had to go find that
> 7mm allen).
>
> Anyways, with the new pads in, how do you open them up to fit over the
> rotor? Just brute force?
>
> Jay W
> 505/287 Dakota

I had that same problem when I did mine. I ended up just wedging the pads
over the rotor and then forcing the whole caliper assembly down. I actually
kinda squeezed the inner pad against the rotor to open the whole thing up.
Might want to try compressing the piston a little bit right before you try
to squeeze the pads over the rotor.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L