RE: Intake/Belly Pan Gaskets

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (fasstdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 01 2004 - 20:09:05 EST

Unrelated answer: BG 44K (In the gas tank) and BG FI Cleaning (Needs the
tool for it though). Does a VERY nice job on cleaning the combustion
chamber, fuel system, injectors, and piston tops (use it at work almost
every day).

Haven't looked at the V6 engines that closely, but the older LA gaskets fit
the newer Magnum V8's. Might be worth a look on the V6 gaskets. On the
intake bolts, latest TSB from DC is to reuse them, but we still ask for new
bolts. Reason being is that the old ones corrode and sometimes snap on
reuse. Get a new set of intake bolts to be safe.

On the trans fluid: Mopar uses ATF+3 or ATF+4. If you're going to flush
out the old trans and put new fluid in it, use ATF+4.

- Bernd