Humphh! What`s with these CAR drivers?!

From: steve preston (steves287dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 02 2004 - 21:14:45 EST

There`s this one intersection about a mile from my
house,and it`s one where,once the light turns
green,you drive fifty feet and the left lane merges
into the right lane,as the road becomes a two lane
highway again. So,anyone who knows this intersection
at all is keenly aware of one thing: If the light is
red,and there is a vehicle already stopped in the
right lane,the only reason a person would have to move
over into the left lane beside you is to *try* to blow
your doors off when it turns green and be somewhat of
an ass as they cut in front of you. The word "try" is
key here,and it would be helpful to you to keep it in
the back of your mind as I relate to you what someone
thought they were going to do to me. Now,do Daks LOOK
slow from behind,or something? Is there any reason why
a small,late Eighties 4-cylinder GM product would
hazard an attempt against a Dak with it`s twice-pipes
rumbling venomously? It urinated me off! As soon as
that red light got the faintest green tinge to it,I
mashed the accelerator so hard I must have bent it
into a U-shape,and left them listening to the
after-echoes of squealing 31" Coopers. I did not look
over at them as I moved past,mainly because blurry
images always seem to give me a headache. But I did
catch them in my rear-view mirror for a brief time,as
the vanishing point of their vehicle gave way to
distant memory. So sad. :)

P.S. I`m going to make up a bumper sticker that says:
"Just stay back there. Don`t make yourself a victim!"
Steve P.