Silver Star Bulbs

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Jan 02 2004 - 22:10:54 EST

The Silverstar headlamp and fog lamp bulbs are very similar in theory of
application as the GE "reveal" interior lamps are. The glass has a blue
tinting to it - not to the degree of the "cool blue" bulbs however. The
GE Reveal household lightbulbs were created to give off a "whiter" light
- by taking out some of the yellow from the visible light spectrum.

I have the SilverStars in my quad headlamp set up on my Ram. I like the
whiter light they put out - but I wish they were a higher wattage. They
are the same 55w low, 65w high output as standard headlamps. If they
were a high output bulb - I could say they would really be worth the
average 20 bucks a bulb cost. I don't think i will buy them again
because of that. I was hoping they would be MUCH brighter than stock.
But I can't honestly say that they are. Mind you I have heard nothing
but rave reviews - tonight at work two people were talking about how
they loved them, but I havn't fallen head over heels for them.