I know this has been gone over, and a neat little DAK power story..

From: Bill Day (billday@consolidated.net)
Date: Fri Jan 02 2004 - 23:29:41 EST

What is the replacement bulbs the lsit suggests for front headlights ona
GenII? There was a brighter then stock replacement I believe..

Well, after my day of new years eve celebration, I took some back roads
around here, mainly creek and mud corssings(DON'T DRINK and DRIVE!). No I
didn't get a ticket. I had just crossed the large crick, I could roll down
window and reach over door and touch water firmly seated, when a pickup
comes rolling by, I move over to let him go and noticed it was an old 2WD
F100(Ranger), arounda '78 or so. He was moving at a pretty good click too..

Anyway I slow down as he disappears over the hill into the creek, after
about 10 seconds I see no lights come up the other side, so I do a u-turn in
the empty bean field, boy was that fun with these Badyear 31x10.5x15 RT/S's
temporary tires, get back to the creek and he is sitting down in it with
his lights flickering, hit it to hard and fast and splashed his distributor.
So I hop out and yell at him to see if he wants some help, he drunkenly
falls out of the truck and I almost immediately decide to leave, but being
the generous gent that I am, I wait for a reply...

He yells "Sure, you got a bigger truck?" So I commence to a little chuckle
and say "What for?" He yells back from his truck bed, "To pull me out" He
is about 5 feet from each bank and water is now freely flowing in one door
and out the other as the passenger decides to get out and get real wet, flat
on his back. I yelled back, "I don't need one!" At this point I'm
definitely ready to leave for the insult to my DAK, that just walked through
it 2 minutes before his ford fell in it, but being as generous as I am I
tell him to get his buddy up before he drowns and move to the passenger side
so I can squeeze by to get a good bite on my front wheels in front of him.

So me and the wife sadle on past him in 4hi through the soft bottom when I
had to stop before our mirrors locked heads. She rolls down the window and
pulls mine in and swings his over. Little low on the traction after the
stop but I get going again with alittle coaxing on the old peddle.. Get up
the hill and again have to turn around in a sloppy bean field. Get my nose
down to the water hop out and toss him the end of my chain which damn neart
connects with his chin. I can't see where he hooks it but only assume he's
not so damn drunk to wrap it around his bumper.. well.. a slo 4 wheel pull
yielded only a little truck movement on his end, he yells hit it harder, so
I do....

OFF COMES HIS FRONT BUMPER IN A "V" SHAPE!! The dumbass wrapped it right
around the middle of the bumper. Well he say's "Shit!" and gets out of the
truck and proceeds to pick up his bumper, walks back to his truck and throws
it in the bed. His buddy comes around laughing and said "Whats wrong with
your tow hooks?" to his friend.. Friend says, "I forgot". This time his
buddy hooks up the chain and give another gentle nudge on the peddle to get
out the slack and do a slo 4lo pull. I dragged that dead ford out of the
crick bottom without a spin.

Anyway, I have come to the conclusion that my first tugg only succeeded in
bending the bumper and weakening the bolts. Now he asks for a ride, I don't
feel like going back to town, so I offer him some good ol WD-40, and again
he asks what for.. so I have him pop his hood, and commence to removing the
rotor and spraying the hell out of it and the points. A minute later I put
the cap back on after it looks dry and tell him to start it, the truck fires
right up and all I hear after that is, It's never started so easy... Well a
flashlight shows me now a huge crack in his cap, I point it out and he says
it's been like that for 5 years!

Well, enough fun, he gives me a beer and away I go on my Merry Red Dodge
sleigh...

Bill Day
billday@consolidated.net
http://users.consolidated.net/billday/

A rich man isn't always wealthy, he just has all the love he wants and can
give..

AIM - BadManD73 (Catch me if you can!)
'95 Ext Cab 3.9L Mag 4x4 Flame Red

---