Re: Speaker Survey, Gen I and Gen II's

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Sat Jan 03 2004 - 10:14:38 EST

""Biff Byrum"" <bbyrum9@foothill.net> wrote in message

> Josh: Can you hear that choo-choo train horn
> coming at you? Such class!! Too bad there are
> some of us in the low rent district. That's a lot of
> bread, but those are about the best ever.

It's not the door speakers that keep the choo-choo train horns inaudible to
me. The 10" brahma feeding off of 1000w that sits in my backseat does that.

As far as sound quality goes, the RF coaxials are nice, but every day I kick
myself for selling the set of Focal polykevlar components that I had all
around. I've never heard a better sounding speaker for an automotive
application. They handled the max output of my amps flawlessly and without
distortion. They were magnificent. Very cost prohibitive though, and I
ended up having to sell them to pay my $1000 colision deductable.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L