Re: Speaker Survey, Gen I and Gen II's

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Sat Jan 03 2004 - 10:17:54 EST

"KenCo" <ken@kencofish.com> wrote in message
news:bt5tmu$332$1@bent.twistedbits.net...

> FWIW
> human ears will go deaf after 6 actual watts,
> if it sounds good, use them, dont fall for the
> X/XX/XXX+ watt hype.
>
> use an inline watt meter if you dont believe it ;)

Actually 1 watt of pure sound energy is enough to deafen you almost
instantly, if I'm remembering everything from sound school right. The
reason you would want more is to power the driver and enable it to sweep the
full range of motion more effectively, thus enabling it to perform its job
better and provide you with crisper, cleaner sound.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L