RE: Throttle body..was Ignition coils

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Jan 03 2004 - 17:54:25 EST

Ok Bill, I'll address your product claims below. Please don't take anything
personally.

How many of us drive around on flow benches and dynos? If I added up all
the horsepower claims from all the bolt-on products I've tried, I should
have about 400 hp. Well that just isn't borne out by real track
performance.

As I said before, <sigh...> I tried a F&B 50mm which gave no performance
increase over a ported 50mm stocker which gave a negligible gain over a
stock TB. Then I tried a Fastman 52mm. It made a worthwhile and
verifiable improvement. My conclusion? The Fastman 52 made more power and
torque than a F&B 50, regardless of what their flow bench or dyno shows.
Therefore your (their) claim doesn't stand up to a real-world test.

> I've nothing against the Fastmans tb's but F&B has a better product.
>
> Bill White - http://www.bionicdodge.com

In what way do you mean the F&B is better? I'll grant you it's a beautiful
hunk of aluminum. And size-for-size it performs as well as anything else,
as I've already proven. And it costs more. What else?

Remember folks, I'm not trying to sell anything. I've spent my money on a
lot of products. If they really made an improvement I could verify at the
track, I still use and recommend them. If they didn't, I don't. :-)

RayB