Re: FourWheel Falcon Slide in camper on a Quad?

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Sun Jan 04 2004 - 21:01:37 EST

On Jan 4, 2004, at 4:47 PM, Joe wrote:

> As I said earlier, slide-in camping is not the reason we are getting
> the
> Quad but it seems like there might be a chance that this may be an
> extra
> added bonus. Is this doable or would I be better off making
> reservations at
> Motel 6?
>
> Any comments, suggestions are appreciated.

motels are for wusses ;-)

the popup slide-in seems very overpriced to me - you'd be better off
tenting it for the savings, and I'm not sure the bed of a QC is much
bigger than the smallest tents I've used.... and I'd expect that
having to unhook to drive places would get old fast. that's why if I
ever get into RVing (I'd like to) I'll avoid motorhomes and stick to
trailers. preferably 5th wheels since they tow better than any drawbar
hookup you can conceive.

that Baja popup seems like a decent starter, but you'll wish for real
walls fairly soon, I'd bet. of course the Falcon has the same problem.
  just not to the proportional extent.

--
Mike Maskalans            <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'98 Dakota CC 0x4 318 (Borked)   '84 RamCharger 4x4 360 (DD)