Re: Was: Slide in camper NOW: 5th wheel?

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Mon Jan 05 2004 - 21:21:55 EST

At 06:55 PM 1/5/2004, Mike wrote:

>if you'd rather tow a travel trailer than a 5th wheel just b/c of your bed
>cover, you've never towed a 5th wheel =)

You're right on that point, although in all seriousness there's more to it
than that. I didn't want to try to get in to towing a 5th wheel with the
QC (it might be possible, but I do think the QC Dak would be pretty
impaired when it comes to a 5th wheel). As there's no budget for a new
Ram, the travel trailer was the best option. The Dakota does a lot of
duties other than just being a dedicated tow vehicle, so our setup works
out for us.

And no, I don't want to try towing a 5th wheel, because then I'll probably
just want one a lot more than I already do :-).