Mopars at the Strip 2004

From: sincityrt (sincityrt@dakota-durango.com)
Date: Wed Jan 07 2004 - 20:46:40 EST

 Mopars at the Strip
 Las Vegas Motor Speedway
 Las Vegas, Nevada
 March 19-21, 2004
 http://www.moparsatthestrip.com
 2003's Inaugural event featured over 200 vehicles racing, and over 200
 vehicles in the car show. 49 out of 50 states were represented, as well as
 all of Canada's providences and a number of foreign countries. Magazine
 writers from MoparŪ Collectors Guide, MoparŪ Muscle, MoparŪ Action, Hot
Rod,
 and Car Craft were in attendance. Mopars at the Strip hails itself as the
 "Biggest payouts in the west".

 The entire event was amazing - in all of the events I've attended I've
never
 seen so many "extras". Exhibition vehicles ranged from Hemi Under Glass
 (2004 is the owner's final year for exhibiting this vehicle btw!) to Hemi
 dragsters to the McDonald's trio of drag cars. There was night-time cruises
 both nights and the host hotel had a private area reserved with a live band
 (free) and catered barbecue and bar (not free). If I remember correctly the
 Sweet 16 had vehicles down into the 6-second range. Although the truck
class
 wasn't as large as we hoped, there was still a 10.7 sec Dakota, 2 11-sec
 Dakotas, and a number of others in attendance.

 Upcoming event information is also available in a number of magazines...
The
 Feb 2004 issue of Mopar Collectors Guide has a 20-page spread, the (March
 2004?) issue of Mopar Muscle magazine will have an 18-page spread, and the
 upcoming Mopar Action magazine will have information as well. As with last
 year these magazines plus others will be in attendance.

 Some additional pictures of last year's fun can be seen on my site here:
 http://www.dakota-durango.com/photos/photos_mats01.htm

 ----------------

 Truck Class Registration Fee (3-day event, at gate) : $75.00
 Truck Class Registration Fee (25+ trucks, advance) : $50.00

 Attendee Registration Fee (3-day event, at gate) : $40.00
 Attendee Registration Fee (3-day event, advance) : $30.00

 This year the Dakota R/T Club is the ONLY car club that is being offered a
 discounted rate on admission. If we can get 25 trucks to pre-register by
 February 14th, we will receive a $25.00 discount off of entry. The entry
fee
 includes 3 days entry into the event, 3 days of drag racing, the nightly
car
 cruises, and a free live band at the Cannery hotel. Last year's truck
winner
 received $250.00, runner up $150.00, and both semi-finalists got $75.00. If
 there are more trucks in attendance this year, the payouts might increase.
 The Quick 16 shootout last year paid $5,000.00 to the winner!

 If interested in attending please contact me at
SinCityRT@dakota-durango.com