Re: Warranty Trouble with Supercharger and other mods?

From: sincityrt (sincityrt@dakota-durango.com)
Date: Wed Jan 07 2004 - 20:44:29 EST

Good luck... I fought with Daimler-Chrysler for over a month with my truck
after the transmission went south. The local dealership had worked on it in
6/03 due to problems with the CC driveshaft vibration issue (trans rear seal
popped), and then in 9/03 the driveshaft U-joint failed while driving down
the highway and tore apart the overdrive unit of my transmission. My mods
list was the same for the 6/03 repair as it was for the 9/03 repair, but
suddenly the dealership and everyone at Daimler-Chrysler started treating me
like I had a communicable disease. Daimler-Chrysler denied the repairs,
cancelled my extended warranty completely, won't refund me a dime (claims
they took the 6/03 repair that they think shouldn't have been done under
warranty out of the balance, plus fees/etc), won't listen to my complaints,
and won't tell me any information about why this all happened except for
saying "your vehicle was modified".

To this day I still can't even get anybody at Daimler-Chrysler to put any of
that in writing. Their verbal answer to my requests for documentation is
"Your warranty contract states that you must be 100% factory stock for
warranty repairs - you should have known better than to modify your vehicle,
so we don't have to send you any paperwork".

- Steve
http://www.dakota-durango.com