Re: Symptoms of a HD Fan Clutch?

From: Jon N. Benignus (blkwidow1@primary.net)
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 00:11:14 EST

My 92 3.9 with 126k is the same way.
You can make the clutch stay hooked up longer if you are easy on the
gas-lift and it will shift above 10-15 mph, then it will slowly disengage.
If I'm where noise isn't a factor, I accellerate somewhat quickly and it
disegages as the rpm rise. When it disengages, I lift.
If I want to be quiet, I will go slow enough where I can coast in 1st half
the time. 5-10 mph. Then I have stock exhaust, but for stock it doesn't
sound bad. It quiets down with throttle position. I know, it is crap.
I sacrifice the truck for my Moto Guzzi. THAT sounds good.

It seemsto be working just like mine. And it stays cool in summer city
traffic, with the AC on.
Kind of cold in the winter until it gets good and warmed up.

Jon
STL MO
92 RC LB V6 AT
97 Alloys