Re: Symptoms of a HD Fan Clutch?

From: Tony Cellana (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 09:46:51 EST

The clutch fan engages when you start until the silicone goo inside gets
soft enough to release and allow free rotation of the blades. This is
normal (although somewhat annoying).

The delayed tranny shifts are due to a trans temp sensor buried within the
trans. Once it reaches certain temp ranges, the trans will late shift in an
attempt to bring the fluid to its optimum temp range. Think of it as a
thermostat. Also normal. My old Shelby Dak wouldn't upshift to OD until I
had been on the road for abou 3-4 miles. Similar but quicker in the RE
based transmissions.

TonyC