Re: Warranty Trouble with Supercharger and other mods?

From: Gary Hedlin (ghedlin@theramp.net)
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 03:54:58 EST

Well, I couldnąt agree more.... I think DC has some issues to work out if
they're going to push their Mopar Speed line any harder.

About 2 years or so ago, I was looking at a 01 R/T at Koller Dodge and of
course, I wanted to add a few things like a cold air intake and headers. I
had talked with the service manager, and he said any of the Mopar
Performance products would not void the warranty if 1) I bought the stuff
from them, and 2) if they installed the parts. But paying almost list price
for the parts and $85 an hour for labor quickly changed my mind, including
buying the truck.

Needless to say, Koller got bought out by a hummer dealer not too long ago.

I think when all the economic stuff hit the fan, DC took measures to save on
warranty repairs. Remember the problems with the 318 Durango owners?? I
can just see a team of suits re-writing DC's warranty policies with the sole
purpose of making it tougher for owners to make warranty claims.

It's called a bottom line, and they've got a ton of shareholders to satisfy.

I was going to buy an 04 dak for going to school (yeah, I'm going back) But
after the run-arround and not seeing what I really wanted, I decided not to.
But if you really look at that 7 year warranty, it's almost bogus....it
covers so little under certain circumstances. So why would I pay $20k for
something I don't REALLY want, and be under the fear that if it does break
down, I'll be raped by a service department that can barely squeak valid
claims through DC??? I'm actually thinking about buying ONE share of DC
stock so I can go to a shareholder meting and seeing what those idiots say
when that issue is raised!!

3.9 parts are cheap, and I've been buying tools like a mother.... I'm now
in it for the long haul :)

If you think 175,000 miles on a 98 is insane...just wait until I'm done with
my PhD!!!

--
Gary Hedlin
President

Gary's Wisdom- #2

-Don't let incompetent people tell you that you don't know what your doing.