Oil analysis from 4.7 engine

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 19:04:55 EST

Just got results back from the second oil sample analysis on my '00 Grand
Cherokee, 4.7L, 4x4.

Here's the pertinent data:
mileage = 31,000 miles
miles on sample = 3,956
oil - Mobil 1 5W30 year round
oil filter - K&N
mods - K&N FIPK, ported TB
otherwise it's stock
use - daily driver PLUS 95 passes down the drag strip!
best performance - 15.40 @ 85 mph
best fuel mileage - 25.6 avg on 400 mile trip

Had to chuckle at the note from Blackstone....

"Wow, note how steady your wear trends are! It's obvious that your Jeep
engine is wearing extremely well and you're operating it carefully. We not
only like to see wear reading around universal averages; we also like to see
steady wear patterns. That way, we can easily tell when something looks
strange or indicates a new problem. Air and oil filtration (see silicon and
insolubles) look okay in this sample. No diesel fuel, moisture, or
anti-freeze found in the oil. All in all, things look great! All gasoline
engines should wear so well." Blackstone Labs

Gotta love these 4.7's!

RayB