Re: Anyone have a TransGo Shift kit?

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 13:38:55 EST

"Mike Styer" <m_styer@go.com> wrote in message

> I've been having a lot of problems with the auto trans in my 96 Ram over
the past few months, most of those problems being with the shop that rebuilt
it (twice). One of the things they did was add a Trans Go shift kit. My
1-2 shifts are fine, but the 2-3 shift hits really hard, enough to jolt you
back in your seat. Is this normal? Any help would be appreciated since I
have to do any work on this tranny myself now that the shop is refusing to
honor their warranty.

> Thanks,
> Mike Styer
> 93 Dak (sold to DML member)
> 96 Ram (should have stuck with a manual trans)

I've done shift kits in the past (although never on a dodge or with a
transgo kit) but it would seem to me that they put the springs in the wrong
places. there are springs inside the valve body that help to hold
checkballs in place and move pistons and such. Being as that usually you
want the 1-2 shift harder than the 2-3, i'd be willing to bet they got the 2
springs mixed up. If you've got the instructions that came with the kit,
you might want to take a look at it and see what it takes to firm/loosten up
that shift.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L