Re: RE: Gas prices?

From: Jon N. Benignus (blkwidow1@primary.net)
Date: Fri Jan 09 2004 - 20:05:01 EST

on 1/9/04 8:55 AM, Michael Maskalans at dml@tepidcola.com wrote:

> do you know of any real reason that would cause a price bump based on
> speculation of restricted supply or increased demand? no extra wars,
> no big travel time coming, etc. that's all the evidence I need to
> convince me that it's just more toying by the Big Boys in control.

See my previous post-reserves are down 3.5% from last year, and at their
lowest since 1975.
Another person posted, and I did see the news article, where the Alaskan
pipeline was shut down.
Plus, this time of year, they ramp down gas production and ramp up heating
oil production.
Also, due to the environmentalists, the demand has gone up, there are many
different oxygenated blends that must be made this time of year, and NO,
ZERO, NADA, NONE, NOT ANY new refineries have been built in a number of
years.
Take one down for maintenance and you have a short supply.
As I said, supply and demand.

Jon
STL MO