Re: detroit auto show - plans??

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Sat Jan 10 2004 - 01:42:32 EST

On Jan 9, 2004, at 17:06, mike kulczycki wrote:

> i do live close by. when are you planning on coming?? i wasn't
> really planning on going till next week during the evening. it is
> crazy on weekends. less crazy during the week. but not the best if
> you're coming from out of town. we still might be able to meet for
> whatever else. just throw out the plans everyone has and we'll see...
> tomorrow is bad for me, have to work, stupid jeep people want
> parts... i am open sunday all day to hang out and do whatever if
> you're up for it... i've always got projects... differential
> bearings in the shadow, the 94 the horn or cruise doesn't work, the 95
> is ready for a rear end swap... and so on...

well I've definitely got my transfer case teardowns and swaps well
practiced ;-)

my plan (assuming the JY guy calls me) is to leave tomorrow (probably
midafternoon), drive 'till I'm tired, and then on Sunday I might as
well just head straight to Adam's in Windsor. I'm spending Monday
night at Adam's anyway, so it makes sense. Then the two of us can do
that shuttle deal Adam had mentioned.

So it's monday that I'll be around. If you're free to do the show
then, that's cool. If not, that's cool too.

and of course I have no idea when on sunday I'll roll in... IIRC
Detroit is about 10-12 hours from here, so with ~6 hours of sleep I'll
hazard a hope of around dinnertime. but this is *all* resting on the
good graces and memory of that junkyard dude. so as far as any
possible plans go? I suck! =) I figure I'll be lucky to make it to
Adam's on sunday at all, and I'm calling him from the road to let him
know when I'll get there.

fingers crossed,

--
Mike Maskalans            <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'98 Dakota CC 0x4 318 (Borked)   '84 RamCharger 4x4 360 (DD)