Re: GPS INFO NEEDED

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Sat Jan 10 2004 - 20:15:37 EST

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 18:58:05 -0500, andy-dml@levyclan.us (andy levy)
wrote:
>bob wrote:
>>
>> Sorry about the off topic....thought someone might be able to help..
>>
>> Is there a such thing as a GPS Blocker? Or Detector?
>
>Need to know more about what you need to know before I can give you a
>solid answer.

Yeah, but the basic idea is still the same... If you're trying to
detect just GPS (and not another service that uses GPS in addition to
other services), you'd be detecting it constantly.

A GPS unit works by receiving the signals from the GPS satellites, and
not by sending anything back to them. It's a lot like trying to
"detect" or "block" someone using a radio scanner.

Bob, this might give you a bit more information about how it works:
http://www.howstuffworks.com/gps.htm

-Bill