Re: Creaking

From: Bill Day (billday@consolidated.net)
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 21:30:53 EST

I just encountered a creaking as well, but it wasn't just on bumber movement
up and down, it is in turns as well, turned out to be my outer tie rods.

So thursday they, and inners go on, then I am having it aligned, hopefully I
will get a chance to give my torsion bars a couple cranks to give some life
back into them before it gets aligned.

Any tips on turning these easier, I was planning on, while it's on the lift
using a 1" breaker w/ a cheater and just going up 1 & 1/2 rounds(make a mark
to make sure thats all I get).

I know this is not a suggested practice, but the front end of my truck with
new shocks is just so old "boat" floating and would love to get a little
life back in it. Any of you that have drove like a '69 Duece and a Quarter
know exactly what I'm talking about.

Bill Day
billday@consolidated.net
http://users.consolidated.net/billday/

A rich man isn't always wealthy, he just has all the love he wants and can
give..

AIM - BadManD73 (Catch me if you can!)
'95 Ext Cab 3.9L Mag 4x4 Flame Red