Aux input for factory radio?

From: Korey Atterberry (korey99@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 21:34:06 EST

Hey guys-

  Last question for a while - I promise!

  In my 2004 I've got the factory AM/FM CD player with changer
controls. So, I know it's got a CD changer interface, and I got the
impression that there is an available mopar kit that you can
direct-wire in.

  On our MINI Cooper, we found a special cable (it does have some
electronics) that allows us to add an auxilliary input (1/8" stereo
cable) by plugging into a special jack on the back of the radio (it's
not the CD changer jack, but similar). That way we can hook up an MP3
player, external satellite radio, etc. to the factory stereo. It seems
to me that there might be a way to use either the CD changer or
possible sirius input in the same way on my 2004 Dakota. Has anyone
tried this?

Thanks,
Korey