Re: Daytime running lights not working !

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Tue Jan 13 2004 - 10:20:19 EST

""Paul.Tomlinson"" <Paul.Tomlinson@gov.yk.ca> wrote in message

> Of course the question would be why would you want to disable DRL? Are
you
> afraid that you battery isn't going to last as long or worried about
burning
> out your headlights? I haven't had problems with either on the DRL
equipped
> vehicles I've owned over the last 14 years. Whether you like or dislike
DRL
> I have yet to hear a practical reason why you would want to disable it.
>
> Paul
>
> 2001 Intense Blue CC Sport 4.7l 4x4 5-Speed

I dunno, I just don't like the idea of having my lights on all the time. I
think it looks dumb, and I want to control when and why my lights are on.
When I first got the truck, I had blackouts over the headlights, and if I
would have had DRL it would have defeated the purpose.

I guess what I'm saying is that I really don't have a reason to dislike the
idea of DRL other than just that I don't like it. It's kinda the same
reason Jason doesn't want to jump out of a plane, or that guy with the slide
in camper doesn't want to tow something. They just don't wanna do it, and
that's where I stand on DRL. Maybe that's narrow minded, but it's still my
personal preference.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L