Re: Re: Oil Pressure Problem

From: Brian Mingle (bsm11@cornell.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 10:22:54 EST

The truck is fixed, or so the dealership says. They cleaned the sludge out
of the bottom of the pan, and the oil pressure is back to normal. The truck
just hasn't been right since I bought it. The truck never stays aligned,
and wanders. I have tried numerous things, but end up with the same result.
I tracked down the owner and asked him about any accidents, because nothing
showed up on carfax, and he said he ditched it The whole one side of the
truck had to be rebuilt. I am now wondering about frame damage, and if that
could be causing the truck to wander, and not stay in alignment.

The truck also sucks through gas like a chocolate malted. I have had tune
ups done, and it still burns through gas like crazy. It's also very
sluggish, and lacks power. For the first year, I've owned it for 3 now, the
truck had tons of pick up, and was quite peppy. I was also getting between
17 and 20 mpg with it. Now I am lucky to see 12 to 14 mpg, and it is very
logy. It is almost as though the truck is working harder than it should.
The only thing that is working right is the tr4ansmission, and I had that
replaced two years ago. I just think I got stuck with another man's
headache, and it's time to get a brand new truck. One with zero miles, and
not mistreated by anyone. Lets face it, you put that much power under the
hood of a truck the size of the Dak, and most guys will use it and abuse
it. Then they'll send it down the road, and not care who has to deal with
their abuse of it. That is why I think it's time to get a brand new truck.
This way if something does go wrong, it will be the dealer's problem, not
mine. ;-)

Brian