RE: Re: Oil Pressure Problem

From: Rick Barnes (barnesrv@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 09:54:14 EST

Sorry, I did not mean to start a flame on dino oil...slip of the
tongue...what would have been more accurate to say is that ANY oil will
sludge if the filter is not changed on a regular basis. A habit that my dad
taught me was that after I drain the oil out of the pan during an oil
change, I flush some fresh oil at the filler, (usually about half a quart),
to flush debris and the like from the bottom of the oil pan. Try it once
and you will be surprised how dirty that will be. I do it till I see it run
clean, then put in the new oil.

Rascal