Re: Re: understanding wives

From: Pindell, Timothy (TPindell@OTTERBEIN.EDU)
Date: Thu Jan 15 2004 - 09:20:22 EST

I don't have too much experience in this area, but here's what we do (YMMV):
My spouse and I have a financial arrangement that seems to prevent this
issue. We have 3 bank accounts. His, Hers and Theirs. Works great. We
never argue over bills or get the "You bought WHAT?" speech. I buy Guy Stuff
out of mine, and pay the communal bills out of the "Theirs" account. I
don't get my shorts in a bunch if she buys girly stuff. We each agreed on an
'allowance' to be put into our individual accounts via direct deposit from
our employers. Any purchases that come out of the "His" or "Hers" accounts
aren't questioned. Maintenance items for vehicles are taken out of the
"Theirs" account as well as anything we both might use.

-Tim

--------------------------------------
One thing I've learned is that girlfriends and wives are totally different.
You and a few other guys on the DML are lucky. But let me tell you and I'm
sure there are other that can back this up. The Girlfriend might be that
way right now, but once she becomes the WIFE and has a say in the expenses
things will definitely change. My Girlfriend/ possible fiance didn't care
how I spent my money until we started talking about living together for a
trial run befrore marriage. Now that we are living together, boy have things
changed. When I bought the 3" lift kit near the end of last year all hell
broke loose.