Optima battery install advice

From: Stephen Cecil (scecil@npc.net)
Date: Thu Jan 15 2004 - 13:26:23 EST

I just purchased an Optima red-top battery to replace the stocker (I'm surprised
it lasted until now).

I was looking at the stock mounting hardware, which uses two long threaded bolts
and the plastic shroud (which I can't use anymore, it seems - the holes are in
the wrong locations). I would like to use the mounting brackets that Optima
provided that attach at the bottom of the battery, but I thought I'd ask the
list first how others have mounted their Optimas in Gen III Daks.

Thanks,
Steve
00 CC Sport+ 4.7L Auto 3.55 LSD and a bunch of other mods