Re: The Future is Here

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Thu Jan 15 2004 - 16:56:19 EST

On Jan 11, 2004, at 17:24, DAKSY wrote:

> Anybody see the article in today's Parade Magazine in the Sunday paper?
>
> "DODGE RAM"
> "A hybrid version of this brawny pickup will debut this year. It will
> double
> as a mobile generator
> able to supply enough power for a house or a campsite. Price not set."

GM was showing a truck with that system at the auto show. it reminded
me that I'd heard Dodge's version of that system would be on said "next
year" about 3 years ago. it was alongside news of the pending redesign
of their fullsize trucks, so I think it probably should have been out
for the '03 model year.

hopefully they don't get too leapfroged by the General, because that
drivetrain is something I'd be very interested in. the benefits of
better economy and increased power (if properly executed) alongside
useful site power generation, and at the cost of the weight of a big
electric motor and an extra battery or two (excluding price, of course)

it's seemed a win-win concept for pickups and 'utes since I first heard
of it, but it's taken forever to get to market.

--
Mike Maskalans            <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
84 RamCharger 360 (parked)         98 Dakota CC 318 (Fixed!)