Re: replacing timing chain on 1998 dakota 2.5 liter

From: Wilbur (bwgreen@ocean.otr.usm.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 19:20:47 EST

That would be good. :) It would definitely make the job easier. I had
to order the valve springs...none of the local parts places or the dodge
dealership had any in stock...So the Dodge dealership is ordering some
from Dallas, I think.

FYI, when I started taking things apart, I noticed that the CCV vacuum
tube was broken...so I had the dealership order one of those too...they
had to order that little item from Detroit. :) I wonder why the 2.5L
have a CCV (Crank Case Ventilation) vacuum tube instead of a PCV valve
like the larger engines?

Oh well....supposedly all the parts will be in by next friday so I will
proceed at that time to replace the valve spring...Thanks for all the
help guys--Cross your fingers and say a prayer for me. Hopefully this
will bring my baby back to working order for a bit. You guys are really
a great bunch of people. :) I'll let you know how it goes. Have a
great weekend guys!

Wilbur