Re: Re: Re: Maintainence time...

From: Kevin S. (ksellstr@softcom.nospam.net)
Date: Sat Jan 17 2004 - 11:23:13 EST

The O2 sensors are heated and should last indefinately. Most of ours
have well over 100K on them, however one finally died at 180K miles on
the '91. Replace it when it breaks. Bosch makes a good unit as does Mopar.

If you lose the post cat O2S it will set a MIL (Maint. Indicator Light,
aka "Check Engine") code because it uses that to confirm the operation
of the cat. Shouldn't effect the running condition but it will have
that nasty light on the dash. The PCM uses the two pre-cat O2S for
closed loop monitoring and will give you poor mileage and other issues
if one goes. Don't worry now, just save your $$$ and do it when one
gives out on you.

Kevin

--
Kevin Sellstrom, W6KTB      E-Mail:ksellstr@softcom.net
             ***Wilton, California***

'99 Dodge Dakota CC, 4x4, 5.2, '69 Dodge D200, 4x2, 318,

Also: '83 Volvo 244Ti, '85 Volvo 244, '68 Volvo 122S, '98 Specialized Rockhopper A1FS