Re: Bushings...

From: Kevin S. (ksellstr@softcom.nospam.net)
Date: Sat Jan 17 2004 - 11:15:18 EST

I've been everywhere...admittedly for my gen III 4wd, and here's my
findings.

The dealer only sells the bushings as part of the control arm assembly
(EXPENSIVE!!!).

Napa has access to SOME bushings, mostly rubber IF you at all. Any good
suspension shop should be able to get rubber bushings, I found several
local sources.

Energy has SOME bushings, but mostly for 2wd's. I thought they had some
for the gen II 4wd's. Same story for PST (www.p-s-t.com) who resell the
PolyGraphite bushings which are excellent. Also limited availability
through Prothane according to their web-site.

IF you get the bushings out, they can be measured and you can order
bushings with those specific measurements from Energy...IF you have the
time. I've done this with other vehicles but it's kind of a pain.

GOOD NEWS - contact Neal at Prothane...he may be able to help. He got
me the part # for the 4wd Gen III dak front control arms when nobody
else could (they aren't made by anybody else). Neals e-mail:
neal@prothane.com Tell him you got it from me/the DML.

Summit can special order the Prothane kit but they don't stock it and
don't show it in their listings for some reason. Maybe they do now.

Good luck and let us know what you find!

Kevin

--
Kevin Sellstrom, W6KTB      E-Mail:ksellstr@softcom.net
             ***Wilton, California***

'99 Dodge Dakota CC, 4x4, 5.2, '69 Dodge D200, 4x2, 318,

Also: '83 Volvo 244Ti, '85 Volvo 244, '68 Volvo 122S, '98 Specialized Rockhopper A1FS