Re: OT/ Josh's 'Stang

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Sat Jan 17 2004 - 11:01:57 EST

"Michael Maskalans" <dml@tepidcola.com> wrote in message

> On Jan 14, 2004, at 16:13, Josh Battles wrote:
>
> > Looks like I'll have to get crackin and finish (start) the stang
> > before any
> > wedding bells are in my future.
>
> and there I thought the Dakota had replaced the yeller beast (is is the
> right picture I'm thinking of - yellow with black racing strips?) since
> I've never heard you mention anything about it in the present tense....

First off, I'd never own anything in yellow, let alone with stripes on it...
Apparently my mustang history has piqued your curiosity. Usually my project
doesn't come up in conversation, but I thought it fitting since we were
talking about women changing when they got "the ring."

Here goes:
<deep breath>
I traded (sold) my BLACK 91 mustang GT before I bought the Dak because I had
blown up my motor at the strip the day before finals at school (college -
may 2000) couldn't afford the downtime because of finals. So, I sold it to
a friend of mine that had always been itching to buy the car from me and
bought the truck that same day. He put a new motor in it and proceeded to
put the car into a ditch, come out the other side and slam the backside of a
guardrail to total the vehicle. (he was a tard, but i needed the cash)

Shortly after I acquired the truck (actually about a year later) I came
across the front clip of a 66 mustang poking out of a barn filled with hay
and stopped to look what was there. Lo and behold, there was a pretty
trashed 66 fastback mustang with a 289 and a 4 speed... I walked over to
the front door and asked the guy about it. he said the car had belonged to
his brother who had died 15 years earlier and it had been partially restored
when he got it. he parked it there and had forgotten about it. I asked if
he wanted to sell. He told me that he'd give me the car and everything that
went with if for the bargain price of $350, so I wrote him a check on the
spot and called a friend who has a flatbed trailer and a F350 diesel dually
and we towed it to my house. It sat in my driveway for the rest of the
summer and part of the winter until my parents wouldn't let me keep it at
home anymore. I did manage to weld in all new floorboards and fix most of
the body rust in that time. It's primered flat black to seal all the body
work and now resides in my great-aunt's barn until I buy a house with a
garage. Then, It and all it's pieces will be loaded up and taken to my new
pad.

Make more sense now?

--
- Josh